Location: Denver, CO
The DEF Retail Sales Manager is responsible for creating and growing a retail sales channel for packaged product within the DEF product line. The manager will utilize either Mansfield’s brand of choice, or by working with the customer to implement a private label offering, that will enable Mansfield Oil to meet the customer’s growth goals and expectations. This position will be responsible for developing and gaining management approval for a market strategy and sales strategy to meet the Mansfield Objectives for retail DEF growth and then executing the sales and follow up with the customer.
- Create a clear marketing strategy for penetrating the retail sales channel
- Build working relationship with Mansfield marketing and operation groups to ensure that the right support is provided to maximize opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of the logistics and packaging operations that serve the retail customers
- Use solution selling techniques to generate and manage qualified leads
- Maintain necessary prospect and forecast information in CRM
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with resources for technical, marketing, and sales support for DEF
Sales & Sales Support
- Sales strategy and forecasting
- Qualified prospect and program development
- Develop detailed sales strategy for the retail sales channel to exceed goals and expectations
- Sales strategy will ensure geographic coverage of DEF distribution and be within expected margin ranges
- Establish accurate sales forecast for each account that is tracked on a monthly basis
- Develop an active sales pipeline of qualified opportunities; maintain necessary prospect and forecast information in CRM
- Lead generation support will be through target account selling, outbound cold calling, and calling on marketing campaign respondents and inbound leads
- Develop sales strategies and tactics to target and attack key channels and markets to grow the DEF retail sales
- Work with leads to close sales opportunities developed in CRM; build positive client relationships to cultivate and grow sales opportunities
Relationship Building, Networking, Customer Service
- Identify, develop and exploit retail relationships to enable Mansfield to exceed growth goals and margin expectations
- Develop a regular contact strategy for potential leads.
- Manage the retail partners to ensure expectations are met or exceeded
- Develop and maintain retail relationships served by Mansfield Oil
- Ensure internal processes are executed to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Coordinate with the appropriate parties to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for the customer
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree required
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5 years of field sales experience, preferably in the retail sales channel
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Familiarity with petroleum and lubricants – the distribution is similar to chemical additives and lubricants and how they are distributed
- Able to establish and maintain senior level relationships at major retail partners
- Ability to navigate the procurement channels at major retail channel
- Ability to work with consultants to obtain access to critical personnel in retail channel
- Ability to close sales with key customers
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.