Location: Gainesville, GA
The Credit & Collections Specialist is responsible for calling on past due balances (debits and credits), reporting of collection activity and account status and monitoring credit holds.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Assess exposure and compare to allowable limit to determine if credit is available for various energy products and services
- Provide weekly reporting (metrics recorded) for:
- All past due balances that are 3, 5, and 10 days past due
- All past due balances that are 30, 60, and 90 days past due
- All debit balances beyond 10 days past due and exceeding $100K
- All credit balances aged beyond 30 days
- Utilize Wells Fargo website daily for information relative to lockbox and electronic payment totals
- Possess analytical skills to quickly and accurately assimilate information making sound business decisions
- Insure that reporting is accurate and detailed
- Log all relevant comments/actions for an account into the accounting system on a timely basis
- Investigate and resolve over and short payments, disputed items, and unapplied payments, working with Accounting where needed
Customer Service & Negotiation
- Contact customers regarding debit and credit balances beyond due date
- Contact customers as needed in the event cash in advance arrangements must be made for fuel and/or services
- Communicate with both the external and internal customer to investigate and resolve debit and credit balances
- If necessary, provide documentation to the customer to assist in the explanation of balances to customers
- Transmit invoices to customers as needed
- Prompt and courteous responses to all requests
- Communicate potential inability to fuel (due to credit restrictions) to Sales Person, Account Manager and, if necessary, to Sales Manager.
Past Due & Balance Management
- Maintain balances within the parameters set by the Credit Manager, obtaining approval to exceed set limits
- Review daily credit holds to determine if the account can be released, defining in the accounting system the justification for releasing if over and/or past due
- Notify Sales of any accounts with ongoing issues leading to potential credit hold status
- Advise the analysis team of any needed increases in limits (if possible and account is current) to prevent balances from exceeding limits
- Advise Management of any concerns regarding potential cash flow issues
- Know when to enlist Management and Sales to escalate the collection process and prevent holds
- Report daily to Credit Manager the result of discovery regarding after-hours hold requests/releases
- Report immediately to notices regarding EFT returns, check returns, stop payments, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from Credit Manager regarding accounts found to be over-exposed based upon the daily batch report
- Communicate and resolve with Operations/Sales any invoicing transaction failures
- Ownership of front-line collections with knowledge and understand of the appropriate time to escalate to the Collections Process Specialist
- Embrace and execute the core values of Mansfield Oil Company: conscientiousness, innovation, integrity, personal service, and excellence
- Embrace and execute the vision, goals, and expectations of the department and role
- Recognize when plans should change to achieve goals and execute a process for success
- Understand which goals or tasks can be rearranged to attend to more urgent concerns and execute appropriately
- Recognize when additional training could enhance performance skills and be willing to own personal and professional growth
- Evaluate performance during the day and makes appropriate adjustments to achieve daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals
- Develop prevention strategies to eliminate problems before they occur
- Plan before taking action to insure that the most successful process is utilized
- Review work before submitting it
Focus on team goals and successes, not just individual goals and successes
Additional Responsibilities as Required
- Communicate clearly with respect and courtesy at all times, both verbally and written, with correct grammatical usage
- Possess the skills to determine which correspondence should be filed in the credit file for future reference
- The ability to customize communications and processes relative to both internal and external customers
- Willingness to take additional training as suggested by management
- Willingness to invest additional time to achieve goals
- Identify and focus on the actions and steps that are within his/her control to achieve success
- Prioritize work each day so that the most important tasks are completed
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.