Location: Gainesville, GA
**** Please note that this position is not currently open for non-Mansfield employees **** Great opportunity for skills expansion and career advancement within Mansfield! This role resides within the Business Technology group and training support will be provided for candidates who are interested in moving their career into an IT path. The Business Support Quality Analyst will partner with the IT teams to provide business process system knowledge and assist in the validation of system changes throughout the software development lifecycle. The BSQA will also support the SQA Director in driving out QA Governance and Methodology/Framework programs initiatives. The BSQA oversees the daily testing activities of the QA Team, provides testing support, and is the first line of escalation. The BSQA helps coordinate task planning, estimations and assignments across the team (and across multiple work streams). This role requires collaboration and coordination of daily project activities across numerous Mansfield IT and Business side departments. The right candidate should be comfortable working with teams located globally and in different time zones.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
General Business Support Quality Analyst Skills:
- Has solid working knowledge of the Mansfield Business and understanding of the core supporting applications such as Entinuum suite and integrated systems.
- Has experience working with multiple business process departments and understands the concept of cross functional business process.
- Nice to have: Prior experience performing customer based User Acceptance Testing on Mansfield systems.
- Ability to define and plan for assignment schedules on a daily basis.
- Willingness to learn and ability to translate business process scenarios into test cases.
- Will perform test plan creation and execution, and defect management.
- Collaborative and risk management skills in triaging/prioritizing issues and defects.
- Ability to provide test status and test quality/metrics reports for each phase of the QA life cycle leveraging preexisting templates and tools.
- Plus: Business experience with extended components, internal and external, to Entinuum applications (core application, reporting, data feeds, integration to other systems, Imports/Exports, notifications, etc.)
- Plus: Knowledge/experience with defining business requirements (was involved with definition of Entinuum DEF, LTL or FTL features)
- Experience maintaining job related artifacts on a daily basis.
- Experience working across a range of technologies, applications and systems.
- Plus: Experience with BI/Analytical environments
Ideal Process and Technical skills (will provide candidate support for on the job training):
- Advanced experience in Test Strategy and Planning
- Experience with all testing approaches: Functional, System, Integration, User Acceptance, Regression, Load/Performance, Security, etc.
- Understanding and proven ability to drive out fundamental QA methodology and practices.
- Backend Integration validation: Such as file and data exports and loads. Basic system/component connectivity.
- Database backend validation (understanding of tables, views, structures)
- SQL writing – entry level
- Backend validation of data and systems…includes XML, system access, Web security, any end to end data validation
- Experience validating a wide range of systems and platforms: Such as Intra/Internets, web portals, CMS, Security & Access, Data Repositories, OS, Browsers, Mobile, email & notification, etc.
Soft skills & other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have strong teamwork skills but also be able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively across multiple deliverables and technologies
- Ability to think outside the box and adapt to any given situation
- Ability to collaborate across different organizations (Dev, QA, Business, etc.)
- Ability to provide estimates of effort and time for various activities and deliverables
- Knows how to effectively manage risks and issues and can appropriately escalate if needed
- Accountability for formal signoff on quality and completion of validation efforts for each testing phase up to official ‘Go Live’
Tools & Applications:
- Mansfield Systems
- Microsoft Applications
- General Web Browsers
As members of a small team, all employees are expected to exhibit initiative, to work at times with minimal direction, and to sometimes work outside their job descriptions in support of other tasks at hand. This position will also require flexible work schedule in alignment with release demands.
All candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills and work well in a fast-paced, team oriented development environment.
To apply, please use the internal application link in FuelLink
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.