Location: Norcross, GA
***Please note this position is located in Gainesville, GA. A convenient reverse commute from Norcross. The staff accountant is responsible for account reconciliations, journal entries, and other designated areas of responsibility.
- Reconcile all designated balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Analyze, research and resolve any reconciling items in a timely manner
- Use independent thinking in creating journal entries
- Ensure journal entries are in compliance with GAAP
- Post journal entries for your assigned departments in a timely manner
- Initiate problem solving
- Work with other departments to resolve problems
- Proactively identify areas for continuous process improvement and develop ideas for resolution
- Prioritize tasks to ensure that deadlines are met during the month end close process
- Comply with internal controls to protect the assets of the company
- Determine issues and/or internal control gaps to communicate to management
Other Duties as Assigned
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Knowledge & Experience
- One to three years in financial accounting
- Thorough knowledge of G/L, A/P, and A/R
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel
- Petroleum experience preferred
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Time and task management skills essential
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision to meet deadlines
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.