Location: Gainesville, GA
The Sr. Systems Consultant will combine industry, business process, and systems expertise to support business users in adopting and using new enterprise systems. The successful candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Understand end-to-end supply chain process and participants.
- Understand business strategy for technology solution.
- Serve as a member of the professional services team performing systems integration and implementation.
- Serve as a critical part of the organizational change management process.
- Expert in communicating product value and requirements to a variety of audiences with business and technical backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding and ability to articulate product roadmap created by product management personnel.
- Expert in conducting product demos.
- Work with business to identify ways to improve process execution and achieve strategy through the use of technology.
- Serve as a critical feedback loop regarding product and market requirements.
- Develop a roadmap for solution needs that support the short and long-term strategic objectives of the business unit.
- Support users in use of technology, especially before, during and after product releases.
- Provide or identify the need for training related to the use of business applications.
- Develop training materials necessary for internal and external users of technology.
- Serve as liaison between the business, product management, and software engineering.
- Identify defects and enhancements associated with technology and shepherd the modification through the support process.
- Lead validation of requested system changes to meet business needs.
- Understand service level agreements, facilitate adherence to those SLAs, and identify when current support capabilities need to be enhanced in order to meet defined SLAs.
- Strong familiarity with change management and process improvement concepts.
- Strong familiarity with as-is and to-be process mapping, assisting business users with process optimization activities.
- Strong familiarity with consulting and professional services disciplines.
- Strong familiarity with software development lifecycle.
- Strong familiarity with project planning, plan execution, project health reporting for large scale enterprise systems implementations.
Formal Education & Certification
- College degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or equivalent experience.
- Applicant should have 8 to 12 years relevant work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Familiarity with or experience in ITIL.
- Familiarity with or experience in PMBOK.
- Familiarity with Business Process Improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Familiarity with or experience in SQL query writing.
- Familiarity with or experience in Microsoft Power BI tools.
- Oil and gas supply chain management
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.