Location: Gainesville, GA
The Manager, P&L Analytics is responsible for the leadership of the P& L team, to analyze the P&L’s or transactions that involve derivatives, and to minimize risk exposure for Mansfield Oil.
- Manage a team of P&L builders and analysts.
- Hire, train, and educate team members regarding Mansfield operations and pricing methods.
- Develop and build P&Ls for specific customers to help analyze historical buying trends.
- Review P&L results in structured monthly meetings with sales team and supply team and implement corrective action as needed.
- Compile data from system for analysis to help deal desk with preparation of bids using historical data.
- Develop and build database structure to capture all submitted bid differentials/margin for reporting to supply team. (project)
- Coordinate efforts with Supply team to synergize index based quotes and fixed quotes into single trackable entry tool and database. (project)
Coaching and Mentoring
- Develop clear goals for staff each year that support company goals and objectives
- Develop a coaching strategy for staff to achieve or exceed goals and objectives
- Regularly review performance with staff
- Help staff focus on what is within their control to achieve success
- Celebrate success
- Quickly address performance issues in a constructive manner
- Create positive accountability and follow-up to achieve goals
- Ensure staff has all the needed training to succeed
- Develop clear vision, goals, and objectives for the department that support company goals and objectives
- Develop clear strategies to minimize risk exposure for Mansfield Oil
- Develop a clear strategy to keep team members focused on high performance throughout the year
- Identify potential risk exposure for the company and minimize that risk exposure
- Ensure that MOC’s paper book stays balanced based on the requirements given by the executive team
- Ensure that billing and true-ups occur on SWAPS
- Ensure all P&Ls for the following are done according to defined timelines and calendar due dates: inventories, fixed price, prior day deals, prior week deals, any other deals that are complex, involve derivative instruments, or any other special deal that is assigned
- Ensure that the sales analysis is reviewed before each invoicing batch occurs and ensure that loads not achieving expected margins are addressed
- Ensure that all P&Ls for commission statements are completed in a timely manner
- Implement a strategy for departments to examine and improve key processes used every day
- Work with other departments to implement improvement strategies to improve P&L performance
- Ensure that processes and procedures that are implemented to mitigate risk for MOC are followed
- Develop clear departmental strategy to achieve measurable and financial goals
- Revenue savings or generation, number of P&L spreadsheets completed within company, impact on growth, risk management, and cost savings to offset departmental costs
- Provide a regular feedback strategy for the department to evaluate results and make improvements
- Provide feedback to the executive team as needed
- Lead P&L monthly review meeting with CFO
- Help CFO create and implement a successful hedging strategy
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's Degree required
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have 5+ years' experience in Petroleum Supply
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Tableau required
- Proficiency in SQL queries and databases required
- Data scientist capabilities of understanding data’s business meaning and value, as well as, technical knowledge of data access and management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills for executive communications, proposals, and project reporting
- A quick learner, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic are highly valued.
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.