Location: Denver, CO
The Logistics Analyst is responsible for the logistical coordination, freight P&L, and day-to-day oversight of petroleum product movements from Mansfield’s supplier base to its customers’ locations nationwide.
- Develop in-depth market knowledge and analysis to identify the most profitable freight route through the FTL and/or LTL carrier network
- Build strong relationships with carriers to identify their less profitable lanes that Mansfield Oil can use to create more profitable freight movement
- Develop innovative strategies to penetrate the freight market to create greater profitability
- Negotiate freight rates that create the most competitive advantage and profitability for Mansfield Oil
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage FTL and/or LTL freight pickups and deliveries from supplier base to customer locations nationwide
- Track carrier performance on a regular basis
- Identify and address problem areas with carriers in a timely and constructive manner
- Work with supplier base and customer locations to manage and reduce demurrage expense by eliminating inefficiencies
- Prepare presentation material, analytical reports, and correspondence to management
- Ensure that multiple freight pickups and deliveries are moving at the same time
- Follow-up and follow-through with items to ensure that problems are resolved and tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Prioritize tasks each day so that the most important tasks are completed to maximize customer satisfaction
- Organize resources so that information can be accessed quickly when needed
- Design and implement a system to review and validate billing from carriers to ensure accuracy and best price
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree
Knowledge & Experience
- Confident skill with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Must have at least two years’ work experience post college
- Experience in logistics (truckload and less than truckload logistics) preferred
- Proven track record of negotiating freight rates and creating cost savings initiatives preferred
- Petroleum experience preferred
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Must be able to multi-task and make financial impactful decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.