Location: Gainesville, GA
The inventory accountant is responsible for tracking, reconciling and recording monthly inventories for Mansfield’s business units.
Diesel Exhaust Fluid Inventory Reconciliations
- Reconcile and record DEF packaging/transloading facilities inventory transactions
- Analyze intercompany/intracompany inventory sales
- Use independent thinking in creating journal entries
- Ensure journal entries are in compliance with GAAP
- Work with other departments to perform analysis and solve issues
Reconcile Pipeline Terminal Inventories
- Review to see that all purchases/sales recorded
- Calculate reserve adjustments
- Reconcile month end inventory including std. to actual adj.
- Work with other departments to determine p&l and correct issues
Month End Close Procedures
- Reconcile all GL accounts associated with above
- Assist with pipeline/other inventory analysis needed
- Assist with various consignment inventory analysis
- Various other month end duties as assigned
Consigned Inventory Process
- Responsible for owning the process for setting up, billing and reconciling all consigned inventory locations
- Responsible for working with the customer, and other Mansfield divisions including FS&S and sales to put defined processes in place to address inventory reconciling items including periodic review meetings
- Responsible for working with business technology team to develop automated billings solutions including a daily billing status report
- Responsible for maintaining property tax accruals/payments for all inventories in U.S.
Consigned Inventory Accounting
- Responsible for reconciling all general ledger accounts for consigned inventory
- Responsible for monthly mark-to-market and hedging entries
- Responsible for presenting monthly financial analysis for all consigned customers
- Responsible for calculating/creating weekly borrowing base certificate
- Reconcile all designated balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Analyze, research and resolve any reconciling items in a timely manner
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must have intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
Knowledge & Experience
- Fuel industry experience preferred, but not required
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Analytical and detail oriented
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.