Location: Chicago, IL
The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for the retention and growth of Mansfield’s largest and/or most complex customers. The essential Strategic Account Executive job duties include relationship management, customer retention, profitability and growth. The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for achieving sales budgets and assigned strategic account objectives. The Strategic Account Executive is also responsible for representing the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Participate (by phone or in person) in New Customer Implementation Meetings with customers
- Prepares business rules for New Customers
- Leads New Customer Implementation Meetings with internal MOC Departments
- Coordinates with Operations to ensure seamless interaction with the customer during on boarding
- Develops and implements a regular contact strategy to connect with existing customers
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Leads bi-monthly meetings with existing clients to review open projects and current activities within the account. These bi-monthly meetings will include project tracking for current items along with an annual summary of all items completed for the client in the past year
- Conducts in-person meetings with the client on a quarterly basis to review open project items
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates customer interaction with other departments in Mansfield Oil to ensure that the customer is delighted with Mansfield Oil
- Meets assigned budget for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Analyzes profit and loss by customer and customer locations to identify areas for greater product penetration and greater profitability
- Decides upon and implements strategies to improve customer profitability
- Responsible for coordinating with Operations to ensure profitability improvement measures are implemented
- Stays current on Mansfield’s solution portfolio by attending any available training and by having regular discussions with the appropriate Product Line Manager on potential opportunities within assigned customers
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Leverages the Product Line Manager within Mansfield to coordinate a streamlined message to every existing client with regard to our Product Portfolio and service offerings
- Educates customers on Mansfield’s full portfolio of solutions
- Identifies growth opportunities with existing clients to market and sell the full menu of Mansfield Oil products and services
- Enters information, tracks, forecasts and updates account within Mansfield’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Prepares bids and/or proposals for renewal business or for new business opportunities
- Coordinates with Operation to ensure customer pricing and data is accurate within Mansfield’s systems.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Petroleum Industry knowledge required
- 10+ years business to business sales experience in a large, strategic customer account retention type role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
- Prior experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Authoritative business and financial acumen to translate customer requirements into meaningful business recommendations
- Strong ability to lead, manage or enlist the support of others in the absence of formal authority
- Strategic thinking around operations and positioning to execute plans, and align others with plans
- Interpersonal, presentation and written/verbal skills that can influence at senior levels within accounts
- Ability to manage large accounts and communicate with executive level clients
- Ability to provide analysis of complex client business flows to present effective resolutions
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.