Location: Gainesville, GA
The Deals Desk Analyst provides direct support to all sales team in the structuring, pricing and approving of quotes/bids and training the sales team on the use of tools and process. The Deals Desk Analyst will review all quotations, quote emails and do a deep data analysis of the sales pipeline. This role is responsible for reviewing and working with the sales team in all phases of the development, review, and acceptance of quotes and bids.
- Establishes price and portfolio discount planning
- Reviews and provides pricing information for key bids and quotes
- Structures complex deals and provides negotiation support
- Performs margin analysis on key deals
- Gives guidance on complex deal structures and elevate specialized issues to appropriate department for resolution and approval
- Ensures all quotes provide the required margin and reviews for quality assurance, business and operational compliance
- Responsible for using market pricing trends and competitive analysis for future bids
- Reviews quote/deal financials, pricing and business risk
- Provides guidance to sales team and management on pricing options and strategy
- Assists Sales Directors on an as needed basis in quote desk and pricing strategies
- Coordinates with Product Marketing and Operations to optimize pricing and margin and other functions on deal solutions
Managing the Deal Approval Process
- Support Sales team throughout complete sales cycle to meet customer needs
- Coordinate deal reviews with sales, support training, development, and compliance with operational policies
- Shepard the bid through the approval process including coordination of legal contract review and approval
- Escalates any non-standard terms and conditions to management and legal as appropriate
- Collecting and reporting as requested by the VP of Sales Ops
- Collaborate with Sales to learn and understand proper business judgments to lead to self-sufficiency in deal desk processing including margin retention
- Perform reporting functions on an ongoing and timely basis including summary of type, area, value and product type of approved quotes, deals and pipeline the quote desk processed
- Maintain accurate and complete information for customer accounts and activities in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Ensure that bid documentation is in compliance with customer requirements and company standards
- Owner of Win/Loss process, metrics and reporting
- Provide business intelligence regarding trend analysis on productivity, margins, rates, service offerings, etc.
- Maintain training documentation on policies and process
- Review metrics and reporting to focus attention and resources effectively and maintain accurate statistics for the quote desk process
- Complete and maintain accurate records of approved deals and communication
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Knowledge & Experience
- Petroleum Industry knowledge preferred
- 1-2 years business to business experience preferably in an analytical type of role
- 1-2 years of experience maintaining data, generating reports and extracting data within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems such as salesforce.com
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Ability to build and maintain complex computer applications and programs that perform analysis, organize data and create reports from various sources
- Ability to capture and document reporting requirements from multiple sources
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced Microsoft Access skills
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to multi-task
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Xcelsius, Tableau, and other data management software highly desired
- SQL language experience highly desired
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.