Location: Denver, CO
The Account Manager serves as the Operational point of contact for Mansfield Energy customers and manages the day to day functional relationship. The essential job duties include relationship management, Sales organization engagement, new business integration, business/technical support, account profitability support, and high level issue resolution
Account Profitability Support
- Analyze profit and loss by customer and site to prevent recurring issues or missed opportunity
- Process ownership to drive improvement through others that result in optimizing account profitability
- Review and diagnose unprofitable transactions as part of the holds process; coaching and working through others for fixing the root cause
- Identify and implement operational strategies to improve customer profitability
- Review freight payable issues and exceptions-approve where applicable or work with others for resolution
- Develop and implement a regular communication strategy to connect with existing customers at the corporate and/or local level. This communication should be focused on high level customer satisfaction components.
- Lead periodic meetings with existing customers to review open projects and current activities within the account. These meetings will include annual reviews and the introduction of new support tools/reporting capabilities.
- Ensure internal processes are executed to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Coordinate with Sales Representatives to ensure a seamless onboarding experience
- Serve as each customer’s advocate regarding internal decisions voicing their needs across all seniority levels
Sales Organization Engagement
- Understand the sales pipeline and impact on the organization; whether new business or renewal opportunities, and the timing of each to ensure the support teams are aware and prepared to execute at the highest level of service.
- Collaborate with the Bid Team on new business or renewal of key accounts to ensure all products and service offerings being executed upon are known and effective communication is occurring between the teams.
- Collaborate with the sales reps on customer engagement to ensure all parties are coordinated and working together for customer retention and advocacy.
New Business Integration
- Oversee integration of all new business. This includes both new customers and new business for existing customers and involves onboarding workflow & meetings, account set-up, account change forms, and reporting requirements
- Participate (by phone or in person) in external integration meetings for all new business (new and existing customers)
- Prepares business rules for New Customers
- Enhance customers’ utilization experience of Mansfield Energy’s technology offerings. Focus should include the company website, FuelNet, and collaboration with BT for necessary permissions, passwords, security levels, etc. Drive overall support for customers’ data needs.
- Oversee customer contract compliance including terms and conditions, freight rate updates, fixed price allocations, etc. on a monthly basis
- Review credit and rebill requests and accept or deny as needed, as well as track requests to ensure timely and accurate resolution
High Level Issue Resolution
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure high level operational issues are resolved completely and in a timely manner.
- Escalate complex issues appropriately to maintain superior customer satisfaction
- Proactively prepare strategies to prevent recurring issues from impacting customer retention
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years business to business experience preferably in a customer account management type role
Knowledge & Experience
- Petroleum Industry knowledge preferred
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Ability to manage large accounts and communicate with executive level clients
- Ability to provide analysis of complex client business flows to present effective resolutions
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- 40-hour on-site work week.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components
About Mansfield Energy Corp:
Mansfield Oil Company delivers high quality petroleum and renewable (green) fuels, natural gas, electricity, specialty products and chemicals to customers throughout North America. We deliver over three and a half billion gallons of petroleum products, ethanol, biodiesel, and diesel exhaust fluid annually to customers - one full tanker truck load every minute of every day. We are well known for our ability and strong desire to provide the best customer service experience in our industry. It is this prized service oriented culture by which we thrive in the midst of formidable competition. It’s important to understand virtually every operational decision we consider is accepted or rejected on the basis of how that decision may affect our customer’s service experience. The emphasis we place on cultivating high quality customer relationships must be well supported by the time and energy we place in our employee’s development with the organization.
Mansfield’s culture is our most important asset—it enables us to creatively shape our future while delivering unique business solutions, and great service. Our people work hard to provide a professional work environment in which you may learn and excel professionally. Mansfield employees are fiercely competitive as they work to win and retain business relationships, yet are also friendly, loyal and honest. They protect our culture by using open communication and showing a strong bias toward taking and rewarding action. We are committed to helping each employee reach their full potential and manage a successful career with us.
In order to achieve continued success and deliver on our commitments to our employees, customers and business partners, we at Mansfield believe that we must operate according to certain ideals. These ideals are captured in Mansfield's Core Principles: Conscientiousness, Personal Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. By upholding these principles, Mansfield is not only a remarkable business partner for our customers but also a positive and rewarding workplace.
Over the course of 50+ years, Mansfield Oil Company has grown to become a leading supply and distribution company, with offices in seven states and Canada. Mansfield is considered an industry innovator that continuously invests in leading-edge technologies to optimize business efficiencies, improve the work environment, and cultivate an exceptional company culture. Innovations such as these, combined with our highly collaborative business approach, have resulted in considerable recognition in categories including Forbes 'America's Largest Private companies', The Platt's Global Energy Award "Downstream Operations of the year" & "Deal of the year", and repeated recognition as 'one of the top Privately held companies. So if you are looking for a company with an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele, then look to Mansfield Oil.
Mansfield Oil is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.